KIRKLAND, WA — Kirkland will host a community recycling event later this month, giving residents an easy way to drop off household batteries at City Hall. The five-hour event is scheduled for Saturday, June 19, and will accept several types of batteries free of charge.
Kirkland Battery Recycling Event
- Date: Saturday, June 19
- Time: 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Location: Kirkland City Hall's parking lot
- 123 Fifth Ave.
Here are the batteries that will be accepted:
- Household/alkaline batteries (including AA, AAA, AAAA, C, D and 9-volt)
- Rechargeable batteries and cell phone batteries
- Button batteries
Visitors are asked to collect their batteries in a bag or container, which can be handed directly to staffers at the event or placed in the trunk for removal. Reusable containers will be emptied at the site and returned.
Here are a few rules for the event:
- Bring batteries in a bag or container.
- You can hand batteries to staff or place batteries in your trunk and staff will remove them. Reusable containers can be emptied and returned.
- Drive, bike, or walk through the event.
- Wear a face covering.
- Do not attend if you have recently been in contact with anyone who has been exposed or tested positive for COVID-19. Do not attend if you feel unwell.
This month's event is funded by the city's recycling team and is open to all people who live in Kirkland. Anyone with specific questions about the event can e-mail the city until June 18.