A Fall Recycling Event will be held near Valley Ridge Park/Tyee High School (map below) this Saturday, Oct. 23, 2021, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
This free event will provide anyone the opportunity to discard goods to be recycled.
Materials to be collected for free are: secure document shredding, scrap metal, porcelain, motor oil, tires, anti-freeze, household goods, Styrofoam, plastic bags, batteries, CFL light Bulbs, electronics, plastic film and paint, including latex, oil based and stains/varnish.
Organizers are also requesting the following precautions be met:
- We strongly discourage you from attending if you are at increased risk of complications due to COVID-19 – This includes people 60 years or older, and those with underlying medical conditions.
- Don’t attend if you are sick or exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, or if someone in your household is.
Stay in your vehicle and follow directions by staff.
- If you must get out of your vehicle, keep at least six feet of space between yourself and others.
- Do not touch your face.
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds frequently when possible or use alcohol-based sanitizer as an alternative if handwashing is not available.
- We encourage you to wear a face mask
- Please be patient as delays can be expected due to event staff maintaining social distancing and customers holding on to items during the “Stay Home, Stay Healthy” order.