The next Engage Toledo Drop Off Refuse and Recycling event will be 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 7 at DeVeaux School, 2620 West Sylvania Ave.
The City of Toledo has partnered with The Ability Center of Greater Toledo for the event. Durable medical equipment will be collected by The Ability Center. A list of accepted items can be found at this link. The items will be sanitized by Ability Center staff and given to individuals with disabilities.
Acceptable items for the Engage Toledo Drop Off Refuse and Recycling event include electronic waste; televisions and CRT monitors; up to 10 tires, on or off the rim, but no commercial tires; documents; houseware goods; clothing; toys; bulky items, and refuse. Latex paint will be accepted for $1 per gallon. Major appliances will not be accepted.
The remaining refuse and recycling events this year are:
- 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Aug. 14 at Woodward High School, 701 East Central Ave.
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Aug. 21 at Longfellow Elementary, 1955 West Laskey Rd.
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Aug. 28 at Bowsher High School, 2200 Arlington Ave.
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Sept. 11 at Good Shepherd Church, 3934 West Laskey Rd.
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Sept. 18 at Burroughs Elementary, 2420 South Ave.
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Sept. 25 at Detwiler Park, 4001 North Summit St.
- 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., Oct. 2 at Martin Luther King, Jr. Academy for Boys, 1300 Forest Ave.
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Oct. 9 at Cedar Creek Church South Toledo Campus, 2150 South Byrne Rd.
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Oct. 16 at Oakdale Elementary, 1620 East Broadway