UNION COUNTY, NJ - The 2020 schedule of free countywide recycling events for all residents, beginning in March and running through November, has been announced.
Union County offers free drop-off events for household hazardous wastes and secure paper shredding at different sites throughout the County. Personal and confidential documents only are accepted at the paper shredding events.
Union County also offers two bi-monthly drop-off programs for a wide range of scrap metal.
Household Special Waste:
- Saturday, April 4, 2020 – Union County Vo-Tech, 1776 Raritan Road, Scotch Plains
- Saturday, June 6, 2020 – Union County College, 1033 Springfield Avenue, Cranford
- Saturday, August 1, 2020 – Union County Vo-Tech, 1776 Raritan Road, Scotch Plains
- Sunday, September 20, 2020 – Springfield Municipal Pool, 44 Morrison Road, Springfield
- Saturday, October 24, 2020 – Nokia, 600 Mountain Avenue & Ryder Way, New Providence
- Aerosol Cans
- Corrosives & cleaners
- Fire Extinguishers
- Fluorescent Bulbs (unbroken)
- Mercury Switches
- Motor Oil & Oil Filters
- Oil Based Paints
- Oil Based Varnishes
- Pesticides & herbicides
- Pool Chemicals
What not to bring:
- Latex (water-based) paint
- Water-Based Paints
- Alkaline Batteries
- Unknown/Unlabeled containers
- Smoke Detectors
- Empty Containers
- Containers larger than 5 Gallons
The first Thursday and Third Saturday of the month, from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., April through November, in Cranford, Emergency Services Building, 151 Kenilworth Boulevard, and Rahway Park Service Yard, Rahway River Park in Rahway.