The next free disposal day at the Hoffman Road Landfill and the next Engage Toledo Drop Off Refuse and Recycling Event are both this Saturday, June 5.
The Hoffman Road Landfill will be open for free disposal to city residents from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., Saturday. The other free landfill disposal days this year are July 10, Aug. 7, Sept. 11, Oct. 23, and Nov. 27.
Residents are permitted to bring a truck or trailer load of bulky solid waste items for free disposal to the landfill, 3962 Hoffman Rd., subject to terms and conditions. Proof of Toledo residency is required. Acceptable bulky waste items include excess trash, furniture, carpeting, mattresses, wood waste, and scrap metal. No commercial waste or haulers will be permitted. A list of materials that will not be accepted on free landfill days, and those that will be accepted for a fee, can be found at this link. Residents may call Engage Toledo at 419-936-2020 or visit our website, toledo.oh.gov, for more information.
The free Engage Toledo Drop Off Refuse and Recycling event will be 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Saturday at Waite High School, 301 Morrison Dr.
Acceptable items include electronic waste; televisions and CRT monitors; up to 10 tires, on or off the rim, but no commercial tires; documents; clothing; toys; bulky items, and refuse. Latex paint will be accepted for $1 per gallon. Major appliances will not be accepted. There will be visibly marked lanes for traffic flow, as well as volunteers in identifiable clothing who will help direct participants to appropriate locations. Residents should follow all signs and directions. For questions, call Engage Toledo at 419-936-2020 or visit the Engage Toledo website at toledo.oh.gov/engage-toledo.
The remaining refuse and recycling events this year will be held as follows:
- 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., June 12 at the Frederick Douglass Center, 1001 Indiana Ave.
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., June 19 at Scott High School, 2400 Collingwood Blvd.
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., June 26 at Start High School, 2010 Tremainsville Rd.
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., July 10 at Keyser Elementary, 3900 Hill Ave.
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., July 17 at Whitmer High School, 5601 Clegg Dr.
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., July 24 at Manhattan Plaza, 553 East Manhattan Blvd.
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., July 31 at Friendship Park, 2930 131 St.
- 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Aug. 7 at DeVeaux School, 2620 West Sylvania Ave.
- 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Aug. 14 at Woodward High School, 701 East Central Ave.
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Aug. 21 at Longfellow Elementary, 1955 West Laskey Rd.
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Aug. 28 at Bowsher High School, 2200 Arlington Ave.
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Sept. 11 at Good Shepherd Church, 3934 West Laskey Rd.
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Sept. 18 at Burroughs Elementary, 2420 South Ave.
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Sept. 25 at Detwiler Park, 4001 North Summit St.
- 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., Oct. 2 at Martin Luther King, Jr. Academy for Boys, 1300 Forest Ave.
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Oct. 9 at Cedar Creek Church South Toledo Campus, 2150 South Byrne Rd.
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Oct. 16 at Oakdale Elementary, 1620 East Broadway
The city has partnered with The Ability Center of Greater Toledo for the Engage Toledo Drop Off Refuse and Recycling event at Scott High School on June 19. Durable medical equipment will be collected by The Ability Center on those dates. A list of accepted items can be found at this link. The items will be sanitized by Ability Center staff and given to individuals with disabilities.